Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's been a while....

So it has been quite some time since I have posted anything.  Things here have been CRAZY!  I am teaching full time (finally) and then I have this dreaded Teacher Work Sample to do, which thus far is 37 pages.  I have not even started my portfolio which is due the end of April.  So, in between planning, typing and trying to see Europe as well, there hasn't been much time.  Since I last posted I have been to Venice (Carnevale), Austria, Nove( cermanics place), tons of restaurants, the biggest cave in the world in Trieste, a castle and who knows where else.  I know I am missing some places but I can't think. 
So, I have been a busy girl! School has been quite time consuming, so that is where most of my time goes.  
During Carnevale, I did get a chance to go!  It was SOO Much fun!  We took the train in to 
The biggest cave in the world that I went to was a ton of fun! I went with the Outdoor Rec. group.  It was 500 steps down into the cave and 500 steps back up and out of the cave.  It was in no way as cool as the ones I saw in VA, but it was just HUGE!  Then we went to a castle.  The castle was right on the ocean and it was beautiful!  This guy built it for his daughter and then she never even went there.  Such a tragedy, these poor spoiled kids!
I'll continue this later! Gotta run for a bit...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been a very busy girl. But these are times you will never forget. You will one day be able to use your experiences in your teaching. Kids can relate better to lessons if the teacher can make it more interesting. What better way to make it interesting than real life experiences.

    I heard your mom, Don, & Josh will come for a visit. Since you are now an expert on the country, where will you take them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie -- Glad to hear that you are not in the earthquake area --- sounds like you have been busy, busy! I love all your pictures :) I hope your folks have a great time on the visit! You will soon be back home and I know I'll see you in June for sure :) Have a memorable rest of Italy time! - San

    ReplyDelete